Monday, January 24, 2011

The End of an Era

I feel this blog needs a closing post. The purpose of this blog was to show the transformation as I "budded" into a PR professional. I started this blog on January 16, 2010 and while that is just a year ago, it is amazing to look back and see how different I am, personally and professionally. When we all were required to start a blog, none of us (my awesome Mean in Green team) had truly used social networking for PR purposes. Since then we all utilize Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, blogs, etc. to accomplish PR.

For a reflection, I think a timeline of PR growth should be created on this blog...

Spring Semester 2010
Jan- Guest Speaker at Flagler College
Feb- Pitch auction themes
Feb- Read The Tipping Point and got inspiration for what PR is all about
March- Create Resume, figure out the art of cover letters
March- Search/Apply for internships
March- Watch firsthand the media's response to the Roethlisberger incident in Milly
March- First independent promotional night (mean in green bball game)
April- Countless hours creating by hand EVERY little perfect detail for our huge Athletic Auction
April- ATHLETIC AUCTION, the pinnacle event of any GCSU PR student's career
Summer 2010- INTERNSHIP @ The Eatonton-Putnam Chamber of Commerce
Fall 2010- whew, words/timelines cannot capture everything that went on during this last semester of college
Fall 2010- Senior Seminar- this class was split into two sections. The practical must know info for the real world, and then a research section. SO much is learned in these sections that are essential to learn before graduation
Fall 2010- Created professional portfolio and website
Dec- Final research paper presentations and portfolio presentations
Dec- GRADUATION!!!!!!!!!!! Finished.
Jan 2011- THE JOB SEARCH- I am in the midst of interviews and figuring out the next step in life.... whew what a true learning experience this time of adjustment this is!

Overall, I am so proud to say I am a GCSU Alum!!!!! GCSU and more importantly the mass communication department at Ga College is in my biased opinion one of the top schools/departments to attend to be able to bud into the PR professional that I always aspired to be. I could not have done it without our amazing professor/mentor- Dr. Ginger Carter Miller and my wonderful Mean in Green team. All of you guys have all my love and support forever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment